Thursday, January 29, 2009

Chanel & Christian Dior Spring 2009 Couture Runway!


By no means am I able to afford any of these stunning pieces but it's a bittersweet pleasure to admire them! For Chanel, there's a whole lot of black and white going on, mostly white. And unfortunately so are the runway models. To be honest, I was hoping Karl Lagerfeld would think of more vibrant designs to uplift viewer's spirits but I guess this season, he's definitely focused on cut and silhouette than tossing in some color.

But anyway, here are some of my favorites from the Chanel Spring 2009 Runway!

I definitely have a thing for double-breasted stuff--- Effortlessly Classy.

Love, Love, LOVE the lace innocent but intriguingly sexy, the contrasting colored corseted waist & collar, deelish. & the deep V-neck really tops it off. This dress would be sexier on a fuller figure, the model needs to work that dress like she means it! Maybe that headdress is weighing her down..

The little black dress--re-invented. What do you think? I'm a little iffy on the padded shoulders/sequin shrug, to be honest. The sequins make it playful though!

The tulip hemline is taking over! I see it everywhere. I even got a deal on a gorgeous dress at Express the other day. I think the cut is flattering, creates an illusion of curves where you need'em.

Those head-pieces are all such works of art. They belong on like a dining room table or something though, not on a someone's head. Don't you think?

For Christian Dior 2009 Spring Couture, alot of the stuff is black and white too. With splashes of reds, dark-steely blues, and creams with alot of delicate floral print. There's SOOOO much attention to minor details that make the whole dress for what it is. And now for the INCREDIBLE Christian Dior Spring 2009 Couture Runway! John Galliano is truly an artist. Here's some that really caught my eye:


LOVE the cut on this dress. Simple but sexy on so many levels. Accentuating the hips, and a sweet boat neck neckline cut right down the middle for some edginess.


This red dress, I have no words. It's perfect in so many dimensions. I love silk dresses, they're so vibrant. But check out the jeweled neckline and underneath, there's an off the shoulder look with the silk layered over it, I just can't stop looking. Props to the hair stylist who decided to crimp all the models' hair. I love it! Check out the model's sly smile...personifies the dress ENTIRELY. sexy but demure.

I'm getting married in this dress...non-negotiable. I absolutely LOVE the tiered skirts with the intricate detailing. Looks alot like an upside-down wedding cake. But the model absolutely WORKS it!



This dress would have been very frou-frou if it wasn't for the graceful detailing underneath the skirts. I'm also not a huge fan of full skirts, but this dress is just too amazing to not allow me to reconsider. Stunning.


This dress is simply a FANTASY. The top is very pin-up girl reminiscent with the halter top and the belted waist and detailing at the bust. But then you see the skirts and it's like mixing it with Victorian classiness. Pin up girl + Gibson Girl= Nothing can possibly go wrong. This dress boggles my mind. It's beyond this earth.


So I don't know about you! But I think if it's Chanel Spring 2009 Couture Runway Vs. Christian Dior Spring 2009 Couture Runway...Christian Dior wins, HANDS DOWN!

xoxo
Amy

All images from www.nymag.com. Thanks a million!

No comments:

Post a Comment